Tuesday 7 January 2014

Chicken Enchiladas



I was really craving enchiladas, but didn't want to waste all my syns on the tortillas, then i thought how about trying to make them with pasta, but instead of wrapping them i decided to make it in the style of a lasagne.
To say they were delicious is an understatement, they were amazing!!!
I served them with jalapenos, coriander leaves, grated low fat cheese and a chipotle yogurt sauce.

Serves 4, plus one portion of the chicken sauce left over, each serving is 2 syns as long as the cheese is used as your healthy A.



Pre heat oven to 200c, 400f, gas mark 5


Ingredients

4 roasted chicken breasts shredded
150g chorizo sausage chopped  9.75 syns
8oz mushrooms chopped
1 onion chopped
2 red peppers chopped (i used jarred)
2 tins tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsps cajun seasoning
½ tsp celery salt
1 tsp chilli powder
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tbsp chipotle paste  ½ syn
dried lasagne sheets
80g low fat cheddar cheese

80g grated low fat cheese to serve
jalapenos to serve
coriander leaves to serve
½ tsp chipotle paste mixed with fat free natural yogurt to serve


Method

In a large pan brown the chorizo and remove. Fry the onions in the same pan for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and peppers and fry until golden. Add the cumin, oregano, cajun seasoning, celery salt, chilli powder, chipotle paste and garlic, cook for 1 minute, add the tomatoes and 200ml of water. Return the chorizo and add the chicken to the pan, simmer for 20 minutes.

Layer the sauce in a baking dish with the lasagne sheets, finishing with the sauce on top, cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes, uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 more minutes.

Serve with a green salad and the condiments.






15 comments:

  1. how do you stop the yoghurt splitting ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you don't cook with the yogurt. you make a condiment with it, just mix some chipotle paste in the yogurt and serve on the side.

      Delete
  2. I've just found your site and all the recipes sound fab, I just wanted to check the syn value on this one as my SW app shows basic chorizo as 25 syns for 150g. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just double checked my syns and its 15 rather than 25 for chorizo x

      Delete
    2. 100g of chorizo on extra easy is 6.5 syns, this is what i found

      Basic, Continental sausage, chorizo, per 100g 6½ 6½ 12

      Delete
  3. Just discovered your site its amazing thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope you find it very useful and inspiring x

      Delete
  4. I made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious ! thank you x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you liked it, i made a big one this week and i'm having it for my lunch most days with a huge salad, it's still one of my favourite recipes!

      Delete
  5. This looks lovely. I use egg wraps when I make them. Work a treat :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this has go to be one of my best loved recipes on here, everyone says how amazing it is x

      Delete
  6. I've made this a few times now (having it tonight!) it's so delicious! My 3 yr old loves it and it's a great way to sneak veggies into his meals by chopping them small! ;) thanks for sharing! This is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so glad you like it, we have it all the time too, it's great as leftovers with a huge salad. One of my favourites too x

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad I found you! I've been struggling to find slimming world recipes that look tasty and aren't to "faffy" and yours are perfect! I'm trying this tomorrow night which will thrill my fella because he thought we'd never have Mexican again! Thanks hun x

    ReplyDelete